Sustainability and regenerative agriculture are generally accepted to be two of the fastest growing future agriculture industry trends. As permaculture embraces all aspects of sustainable living practices, so employment can also be found in energy, water, food production, community development, horticulture and sustainable building materials and practices.
According to the Australian Organic Market Report 2021 more than half of shoppers have bought certified organic products in the last year. This is believed to be an outcome of the Covid pandemic and increasing interest in “growing your own”. Niki Ford, the Chief Executive of Australian Organic Limited suggests that the clean, chemical free, naturally grown food is driving the trend to purchasing organically grown food.
People with permaculture knowledge and skills have the potential to access a great many business opportunities such as:
- People with permaculture knowledge and skills have the potential to access a great many business opportunities such as:
- Produce micro-farming
- Sell permaculture products
- Organic compost
- Online educational resources
- Mushroom growing & niche products
- Build yurts
- Holding classes and weekend workshops
- Landscaping services
- Become a permaculture designer